Under patronage of H.H. Sheikha Fatima Bint Mubarak , Supreme Chairperson of Family Development Foundation, Chairwoman of the General Women's Union and Chairwoman of the Supreme Council of Motherhood and Childhood, the Family Development Foundation is organizing in cooperation with Abu Dhabi Police GHQ; a seminar entitled Towards Institutional vision to Protect our Children. The seminar is a part of the Together to Protect our Children campaign and was held on the Universal Children's Day. The campaign and the seminar embody the Nation's unified efforts to protect the children of the UAE and the partnerships between all nations’ institutions to protect our children socially and psychologically from all forms of violence and abuse.
Main objectives of the seminar:
§ To establish the framework of institutional and social efforts of responding effectively to endangered children and the mechanism of protecting them.
§ To reinforce the participating institutions' awareness and knowledge of the national and international policies and views on protecting children.
§ Exchange knowledge and expertise concerning the danger and threats children are facing and how to recognize them.
§ Introduce the programs and services made available by government bodies to protect children.
The seminar consisted mainly of two sections:
Firstly: Social, Individual, and Familial Indications and Evidence of Child Abuse
· International cooperation to prevent abuse
· Risks facing the family in the UAE
· The effects of family violence on the child and the entire community
· The role of Social Support Centers
· How violence and abuse affect the child's growth
Secondly: National and International Views in Protecting Children and the Role of concerned parties in achieving it.
· The different aspects of child protection.
· Post Traumatic Disorders in children
· International vision for protecting children
· National vision for protecting children
· Challenges and opportunities in protecting the children's health
· The role of the Ministry of Social Affairs